Topic-based discussion papers released
The third phase of the Official Plan Update includes the release of eight topic-based discussion papers, which are now available:
- Growth Management
- Sustainable Development
- Housing Options
- Community Design
- Greenlands (Natural Areas & Parks)
- The Downtown and Waterfront
- Municipal Infrastructure
In addition, a discussion paper on what COVID-19 might mean for the community has been added. The papers can be found at the links above or under "Discussion Papers" at the right side of this page.
The papers are meant to get people thinking about solutions for solving problems and charting a course for the community's future. The discussion papers set the stage for the fourth phase of the project, Options and Directions, targeted for October. The fourth phase will provide possible solutions to the issues identified in the discussion papers.
Some things to consider when reading the papers, include:
- Have the consultants accurately captured the issues of importance to the Town?
- Given this information how do you see the Town best developing over the next 20 years?
- What ideas/solutions come to mind in reading the information?
To submit comments on the discussion papers, please email email@example.com by Friday September 18, 2020. Please use the subject line “Discussion Paper Comments” and format your comments as:
- Topic (discussion paper title)
Please note that your comments will be collected and may be used directly or summarized within main discussion themes in public documents. In providing comments, you consent to allow the Town to use the comments in this manner.