- you are a Canadian citizen;
- you are aged 18 or older;
- you qualify to vote in the municipality by meeting one of the three requirements:
- As a resident elector if you live in Collingwood. You may own, rent, live in shared accommodation where you do not pay rent, or live in Collingwood but do not have a fixed address.
- As a non-resident elector if you own or rent property in Collingwood, but it’s not the one where you live on a full-time bases. You can only be a resident elector in 1 municipality. However, you can be a non-resident elector in any other municipality (or municipalities) where you own or rent property.
- As the spouse of a non-resident elector if your spouse owns or rents property in Collingwood other than the one where you live.
- A person who is serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution.
- A corporation.
- A person acting as executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity, except as a voting proxy in accordance with section 44 of the Municipal Elections Act.
- A person who was convicted of the corrupt practice described in subsection 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, if voting day in the current election is less than five years after voting day in the election in respect of which he or she was convicted.
When are the 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections taking place in Collingwood?
The 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections will take place on October 24, 2022 across the Province of Ontario. The number and dates of advance voting days are dependent on the method of voting selected by Council.
Who is eligible to vote in the 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections in Collingwood?
You are eligible to vote in the election for municipal council if you meet all of the following requirements:
Who is not eligible to vote in a municipal elections?
How can I confirm if I'm registered to vote in the 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections?
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) produces the preliminary voter roll for municipal elections that is available in the summer of 2022. Further details will be provided closer to the election.